Responsible for cutting and editing film footage until it meets a director's approval. Rearranges and splices scenes that have already been shot, determines if scenes need to be reshot, and inserts music, sound, or optical effects.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Watch scenes and determine which will end up on cutting room floor.
- Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Determine which camera angles to use.
- Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
- Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
- Check films for damage.
- Purge damaged or old tapes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in FCP editing
- Good sense of timing and visual awareness.
- Mixture of practical and creative skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Patience and concentration.
- IT skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org